Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WEEK 27-30: Hunkerin' down

As some of our friends have pointed out, this is our longest gap between blogposts...whoops. Although Tampa has been a hotspot lately with the Superbowl and Gasparilla festival going on, we have been avoiding the tourist-trap excitement and instead hunkered down at Pacha Mama house. Each weekend I have attempted to sit down and write a blog post and then I get sucked into reading all the other house revovation blogs I love...and then I have to re-read them aloud to M. so that we can commiserate about our common experiences with others crazy diy-ers.
  • DECISIONS: to install white beadboard on the walls in the MBA; to have the MBA toilet professionally installed; to get professional quotes on exterior house painting, driveway pavers and a screenroom.
  • LABOR: M. worked to finish up pending projects in the MBR like installing white wide-slat blinds, finishing painting the MBR in NO-VOC “Midwest Spring” paint by Fresh Aire and finished my custom closet organization system as well as the linen closet adjustable shelves. M. also installed Ikea “LANSA” hardware on my kitchen cabinets and my outdoor tower holder. Meanwhile, I have begun work in the MBA doing drywall texturing (yay for orange peel!), priming and painting the ceiling, walls and trim in glossy white.

Here is a sneak peek of M.'s work on my contemporary coastal kitchen... new hardware in 1-2-3!

2 comments:

Staria said...

Lovely cabinet craftsmanship you guys! I am loving that Ikea hardware. You have totally inspired me to head there and check out some options for our upcoming cabinet project.

J - Pacha Mama said...

Hey. I just looked up yer Ka-blog today too. NEAT-O! Thanks for the encouragement. We need lots of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...